Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ze French corner - Franschhoek


I recently visited Franschhoek again after 8 years and almost couldn't believe my eyes. It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Even more magnificent than I remember. It felt like I was dreaming the whole time (and it wasn't the wine). The streets are so clean and the houses well-kept, the town is surrounded by mountains and vineyards and when driving over the Franschhoek Pass I felt like I wanted to fly across the valley to take in all the beauty.

I visited the Chocalaterie (Huguenot Fine Chocolates) and bought 3 truffels. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of those as they were gobbled up too quickly. For lunch I had pancakes with mince and banana and a glass of Porcupine Sauvignon Blanc at Essence Restaurant and Coffee Bar. Oh it was so nice.

Franschhoek saturates the senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment